Thursday, May 1, 2008

March and April

Is it really May already!! Wow, well it's been a crazy couple of months for the SZGarcia family. Baby Faith had her 1st birthday, she's a happy little girl. She is underweight by about 5 lbs., but she has been sick, so we're getting her checked out and all better to see if we need to investigate further. What she lacks in weight she makes up in smarts! She says a good number of words, not all the time, but she can repeat a lot and catches on to sign language quick too. Elias is doing better at talking too. We'll be finding out soon to see if he gets to go to a special preschool where they'll work with him on his speech. He was evaluated in March to see where he was at developmentally, at the time he was 34 months old and while he was at a 25 month old level on speech, he exceeds to 40 months on social skills, and averages at 36 in other areas like gross and fine motor skills, cognition, etc. So that brought us relief. Saul is doing great at work, business is picking up - it was a slow start this year which was expected, but it looks like homes will still be built. Sauls also been going with some friends from work to work it at the gym. He has been very successful, I love to hear his stories every day of how they push him and rally around him to keep going - its funny how that last minute can seem like forever! I'm cooking better at home and we're helping eachother to get healthy. So we've had yet another change of plans, and I will be starting to work full time. I 'll get the best of both worlds as I switch between two shifts (day/swing). I will be working with adolecent girls, guiding and supervising daily routines and interactions. I'm excited and know that I'll get to learn a lot. We didn't get very many pictures taken this time around, even though I'm posting a bunch, but I hope that you have fun seeing our goofy kids.


Faith's b-day cake
She is totally daddy's little girl, she spend her day calling out for him even if he's at work and loves playing with him.
no, she is not faking.
elias vroom vrooming and faith ready for a nap


our princess
So Faith is learning how to play with dolls.

my little drummer boy!

These two pics are Elias' re-enactment (?) of 'Flushed Away' You know the part where they spit on their hands and "Shake-on-it" making a deal! He does the whole thing!

I will conquer the potty!
there's not quite an explanation for this one. Yes those are his underwear on his head!
oh shucks!



So I was doing something and I could hear Elias complaining and when I turned around he was stuck in this green blanket like a burrito or a crescent or something! I couldn't take a picture on time, but this is him finally getting himself out. And yes that is my nice clean laundry that he mopped my floor with!!
The boy gets excited for his outings! Finally the sun is peaking out and warming up the days - some of them at least!
Faith loves books!




She's quite talented too!

Thats one exciting game of peek-a-boo!
Elias teaches Faith how to jump on the couch and then Faith teaches Elias how to climb it!
She's actually saying CHEESE! She only says it when she wants to though, and I'm not usually ready yet.




2 comments:

Becki said...

Love it, love it! I think your kids are soo cute! Good luck with your new job Zuri! I hope everything works out well for you!

ACSanchez said...

Hey how are you guys...long time! Please call us!!